.:League of Captains:.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving to eight teams

Go down

Moving to eight teams Empty Moving to eight teams

Hi. Welcome to Perspectives, the new blog-style feature in which I explain league announcements.

When I set out to create the LOC, I sought to have 16 teams. The intent was to have a playoff featuring 8 teams then a league title, the only interconference matchup. (Kinda like Major League Baseball before interleague play.)

However, I kinda saw interest plateau at 12 or 13 team Captains. So I decided that – for the stability of the league and to prevent overexpansion – our first season will have eight teams. Chap, Dino, RAW, and Revolve – the four captains whose teams will not appear this season – have been promised that, in the event of the addition of a second conference, they will be first in line to receive Captainships.

The eight that are left are solid applicants who represent a good core to build from. One, Vapor's Badass Union, returns from the graveyard of the dead UML, while the other seven captains, including such names as Chilo, Eric from N5, and Team Meteor's Eirik, are building what appear to be promising teams.

Four of the eight teams will advance to a playoff, culminating in a matchup between the top two teams on the ninth week of the season. (This is the equivalent of a conference final or League Championship Series moreso than the World Series or the Super Bowl. Once a second conference is added, our final game on the tenth week of the season will be just that.) Like in the original format, the regular season ends at seven weeks.

I have also completed our table system. Based on the quality World Clan League auto-table system (heavily modded to accommodate eight teams), it presents a familiar look while being tailored to the format of the League of Captains.

It is my intention to start the first season on or before June 25.
Raymie

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum